City of Glendale City Council Voting Meeting Agenda Mayor Jerry Weiers Vice Mayor Ray Malnar Councilmember Jamie Aldama Councilmember Joyce Clark Councilmember Ian Hugh Councilmember Lauren Tolmachoff Councilmember Bart Turner 5850 West Glendale Avenue Glendale, AZ 85301 Tuesday, November 24, 2020 5:30 PM Civic Center 5750 W Glenn Dr. Glendale, AZ 85301 Voting Meeting One or more members of the City Council may be unable to attend the Council Meeting in person and may participate telephonically, pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431(4).
PRAYER/INVOCATION Any prayer/invocation that may be offered before the start of regular Council business shall be the voluntary offering of a private citizen, for the benefit of the Council and the citizens present. The views or beliefs expressed by the prayer/invocation speaker have not been previously reviewed or approved by the Council, and the Council does not endorse the religious beliefs or views of this, or any other speaker. A list of volunteers is maintained by the Mayor’s Office and interested persons should contact the Mayor’s Office for further information.
2. RECOMMEND APPROVAL OF LIQUOR LICENSE NO. 600000003-L11, HOLIDAY INN/CROOKED PINT, 6151 NORTH 99TH AVENUE Presented by: Lisette Camacho, Director, Budget and Finance
3. RECOMMEND APPROVAL OF LIQUOR LICENSE NO. 600000008-L12, MANUEL'S MEXICAN FOOD RESTAURANT, 5670 W PEORIA AVENUE Presented by: Lisette Camacho, Director, Budget and Finance
4. RECOMMEND APPROVAL OF LIQUOR LICENSE NO. 600000009-L12, CUFF DOWNTOWN BISTRO, 7021 N 58TH AVENUE Presented by: Lisette Camacho, Director, Budget and Finance
5. RECOMMEND APPROVAL OF LIQUOR LICENSE NO. 600000008-L10, FAST MARKET #4606, 5905 W CACTUS RD Presented by: Lisette Camacho, Director, Budget and Finance
6. RECOMMEND APPROVAL OF LIQUOR LICENSE NO. 600000009-L10, FAST MARKET #4607, 6701 W OLIVE AVE Presented by: Lisette Camacho, Director, Budget and Finance
7. RECOMMEND APPROVAL OF LIQUOR LICENSE NO. 600000001-L04, BOLDEN BEVERAGE DISTRIBUTION, 7048 N 43RD AVENUE Presented by: Lisette Camacho, Director, Budget and Finance
8. ADOPTION AND ACCEPTANCE OF ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION’S PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION AGENCY SAFETY PLAN. Presented by: Trevor Ebersole, Director, Transportation
9. AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO AMENDMENT NO. 1 TO THE AGREEMENT WITH GENERAL ELECTRIC COMPANY DBA G.E. DIGITAL, LLC FOR SUPERVISORY CONTROL AND DATA ACQUISITION (SCADA) LICENSE SUPPORT SERVICES Presented by: Craig Johnson, P.E., Director, Water Services
10. AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO AN AGREEMENT WITH MICROSOFT FOR THE CITY’S OFFICE 365 AND ENTERPRISE VOLUME LICENSING Presented by: Feroz Merchhiya, Chief Information Officer, Innovation & Technology
11. AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO A LINKING AGREEMENT WITH GOVERNMENTJOBS.COM, INC. DOING BUSINESS AS NEOGOV Presented by: Jim Brown, Director, Human Resources and Risk Management
12. APPROVAL OF CARDINALS 95 FINAL PLAT APPLICATION FP20-09 Presented by: Lisa Collins, Interim Development Services Director
13. RESOLUTION NO. R20-159 A RESOLUTION OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF GLENDALE, MARICOPA COUNTY, ARIZONA, AUTHORIZING THE ACCEPTANCE AND EXPENDITURE OF THE CHILD AND FAMILY ADVOCACY CENTER FUND GRANT (ID NO. AG21-0005), IN THE APPROXIMATE AMOUNT OF $37,556.75, FROM THE OFFICE OF THE ARIZONA ATTORNEY GENERAL FOR THE SERVICES PROVIDED TO VICTIMS IN CALENDAR YEARS 2018 AND 2019 BY THE GLENDALE POLICE DEPARTMENT FAMILY ADVOCACY CENTER. Presented by: Chris Briggs, Police Chief
14. RESOLUTION NO. R20-160 A RESOLUTION OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF GLENDALE, MARICOPA COUNTY, ARIZONA, REQUESTING EXEMPTION FROM THE REQUIREMENT BY THE INDUSTRIAL COMMISSION OF ARIZONA TO POST SECURITY FOR THE CITY OF GLENDALE'S SELF-INSURED WORKERS' COMPENSATION CLAIMS. Presented by: Jim Brown, Human Resources and Risk Management Director
Upon a public majority vote of a quorum of the City Council, the Council may hold an executive session, which will not be open to the public, regarding any item listed on the agenda but only for the following purposes: (i) discussion or consideration of personnel matters (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(1)); (ii) discussion or consideration of records exempt by law from public inspection (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(2)); (iii) discussion or consultation for legal advice with the city’s attorneys (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(3)); (iv) discussion or consultation with the city’s attorneys regarding the city’s position regarding contracts that are the subject of negotiations, in pending or contemplated litigation, or in settlement discussions conducted in order to avoid or resolve litigation (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(4)); (v) discussion or consultation with designated representatives of the city in order to consider its position and instruct its representatives regarding negotiations with employee organizations (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(5)); or (vi) discussing or consulting with designated representatives of the city in order to consider its position and instruct its representatives regarding negotiations for the purchase, sale or lease of real property (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(7)). SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS For special accommodations please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 623-930-2252 extension 1 at least 3 business days prior to the meeting. POSTING VERIFICATION This agenda was posted on 11/18/20 at 4:30 p.m. by CV.