City of Glendale City Council Voting Meeting Agenda Mayor Jerry Weiers Vice Mayor Ian Hugh Councilmember Jamie Aldama Councilmember Joyce Clark Councilmember Ray Malnar Councilmember Lauren Tolmachoff Councilmember Bart Turner 5850 West Glendale Avenue Glendale, AZ 85301 Tuesday, February 23, 2021 5:30 PM Civic Center 5750 W Glenn Dr. Glendale, AZ 85301 Voting Meeting One or more members of the City Council may be unable to attend the Council Meeting in person and may participate telephonically, pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431(4).
PRAYER/INVOCATION Any prayer/invocation that may be offered before the start of regular Council business shall be the voluntary offering of a private citizen, for the benefit of the Council and the citizens present. The views or beliefs expressed by the prayer/invocation speaker have not been previously reviewed or approved by the Council, and the Council does not endorse the religious beliefs or views of this, or any other speaker. A list of volunteers is maintained by the Mayor’s Office and interested persons should contact the Mayor’s Office for further information.
3. RECOMMEND APPROVAL OF LIQUOR LICENSE NO. 600000014-L12, PORTILLO'S HOT DOGS, 17125 N 79TH AVENUE Presented by: Lisette Camacho, Director, Budget and Finance
4. RECOMMEND APPROVAL OF LIQUOR LICENSE NO. 600000012-L10, 51ST BEER & WINE, 13804 N 51ST AVENUE Presented by: Lisette Camacho, Director, Budget and Finance
5. RECOMMEND APPROVAL OF LIQUOR LICENSE NO. 600000006-L06, CAROUSEL, 6770 N SUNRISE BLVD STE G111 Presented by: Lisette Camacho, Director, Budget and Finance
6. RECOMMEND APPROVAL OF LIQUOR LICENSE NO. 600000015-L10, MR. LUCKY'S DRIVE THRU, 5043 W OLIVE AVE Presented by: Lisette Camacho, Director, Budget and Finance
7. AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO A LINKING AGREEMENT WITH DALE COOPER LLC, DBA SAFE SLIDE RESTORATION FOR SLIDE AND POOL PLAY STRUCTURE RESTORATION AT ROSE LANE AQUATICS COMPLEX AND FOOTHILLS RECREATION & AQUATICS CENTER Presented by: Jim Burke, Director, Public Facilities, Recreation & Special Events
8. AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO A LINKING AGREEMENT WITH AXON ENTERPRISE, INC. FOR THE PURCHASE OF EQUIPMENT, INSTALLATION, AND ONGOING DATA STORAGE AND SOFTWARE MAINTENANCE FOR POLICE DEPARTMENT INTERVIEW ROOMS Presented by: Chris Briggs, Police Chief
14. AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO A CONSTRUCTION AGREEMENT WITH SOUTHWEST SAWCUTTING & MILLING, LLC, DOING BUSINESS AS SWB PAVING FOR THE RECONSTRUCTION OF CAMELBACK ROAD FROM 83RD TO 91ST AVENUES Presented by: David D. Beard, P.E., City Engineer
15. RESOLUTION NO. R21-12 A RESOLUTION OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF GLENDALE, MARICOPA COUNTY, ARIZONA, AUTHORIZING AND DIRECTING THE ENTERING INTO OF AN INTERGOVERNMENTAL AGREEMENT WITH THE ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION (IGA 20-0007892-I) FOR THE STATE TO ACQUIRE FEDERAL FUNDS FOR THE PURCHASE OF 1 GB NETWORK SWITCHES AND CCTVS TO BE USE AT 166 LOCATIONS THROUGHOUT THE CITY OF GLENDALE TO MONITOR TRAFFIC ON CITY ROADWAYS. Presented by: Trevor Ebersole, Director, Transportation
Upon a public majority vote of a quorum of the City Council, the Council may hold an executive session, which will not be open to the public, regarding any item listed on the agenda but only for the following purposes: (i) discussion or consideration of personnel matters (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(1)); (ii) discussion or consideration of records exempt by law from public inspection (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(2)); (iii) discussion or consultation for legal advice with the city’s attorneys (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(3)); (iv) discussion or consultation with the city’s attorneys regarding the city’s position regarding contracts that are the subject of negotiations, in pending or contemplated litigation, or in settlement discussions conducted in order to avoid or resolve litigation (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(4)); (v) discussion or consultation with designated representatives of the city in order to consider its position and instruct its representatives regarding negotiations with employee organizations (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(5)); or (vi) discussing or consulting with designated representatives of the city in order to consider its position and instruct its representatives regarding negotiations for the purchase, sale or lease of real property (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(7)). SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS For special accommodations please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 623-930-2252 extension 1 at least 3 business days prior to the meeting. POSTING VERIFICATION This agenda was posted on 2/17/21 at 4:30 p.m. by CV.