City of Glendale Amended on 9/10/18* Voting Meeting Agenda City Council Mayor Jerry Weiers Vice Mayor Lauren Tolmachoff Councilmember Jamie Aldama Councilmember Joyce Clark Councilmember Ray Malnar Councilmember Ian Hugh Councilmember Bart Turner 5850 West Glendale Avenue Glendale, AZ 85301 Tuesday, September 11, 2018 5:30 PM Council Chambers Voting Meeting One or more members of the City Council may be unable to attend the Council Meeting in person and may participate telephonically, pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431(4).
CONSENT AGENDA Items on the consent agenda are of a routine nature or have been previously studied by the City Council. Items on the consent agenda are intended to be acted upon in one motion unless the Council wishes to hear any of the items separately.
2. RECOMMEND APPROVAL OF LIQUOR LICENSE NO. 5-24192, SIGN OF THE THYMES BISTRO Presented by: Vicki Rios, Director, Budget and Finance
3. RECOMMEND APPROVAL OF LIQUOR LICENSE NO. 5-21662, LA RUBIA Y LA MORENA Presented by: Vicki Rios, Director, Budget and Finance
4. POSITION RECLASSIFICATIONS Presented by: Jim Brown, Human Resources & Risk Management Director
5. AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO A LINKING AGREEMENT WITH WATER & ENERGY SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGY, INC., DBA WEST INC., FOR WATER TREATMENT CHEMICALS & SUPERVISORY SERVICES AND RATIFICATION OF EXPENDITURES Presented by: Michelle Woytenko, Director, Field Operations
6. AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO A PROFESSIONAL SERVICES AGREEMENT WITH TDA CONSULTING INC., FOR PROFESSIONAL STAFFING FOR THE INTERIM HOUSING ADMINISTRATOR AND HOUSING ASSESSMENT AND RATIFICATION OF EXPENDITURES Presented by: Stephanie Small, Director, Community Services
7. AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO A PROFESSIONAL SERVICES AGREEMENT WITH KIMLEY-HORN & ASSOCIATES, INC., FOR THE DESIGN OF CAMELBACK ROAD IMPROVEMENTS Presented by: Tom Kaczmarowski, P.E., Principal Engineer
8. RESOLUTION NO. R18-128 A RESOLUTION OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF GLENDALE, MARICOPA COUNTY, ARIZONA, AUTHORIZING AND DIRECTING THE ENTERING INTO OF AN INTERGOVERNMENTAL AGREEMENT AND CONTRACT FOR LEGAL SERVICES WITH THE CITIES OF AVONDALE, CHANDLER AND SCOTTSDALE RELATING TO JOINT LEGAL REPRESENTATION IN THE SETTLEMENT EFFORTS RELATING TO THE WATER RIGHTS CLAIMS BY THE WHITE MOUNTAIN APACHE TRIBE. Presented by: Michael D. Bailey, City Attorney
9. RESOLUTION NO. R18-129 A RESOLUTION OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF GLENDALE, MARICOPA COUNTY, ARIZONA, AUTHORIZING THE CITY MANAGER TO EXECUTE A LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR WIRELESS COMMUNICATIONS SITE IN CITY OF GLENDALE RIGHT-OF-WAY LOCATED AT ZANJERO BOULEVARD AND CABELAS DRIVE, GLENDALE, ARIZONA WITH NEWPATH NETWORKS, LLC. Presented by: Tom Kaczmarowski, P.E., Principal Engineer
10. RESOLUTION NO. R18-130 A RESOLUTION OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF GLENDALE, MARICOPA COUNTY, ARIZONA, AUTHORIZING AND ENTERING INTO AN INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR AGREEMENT WITH ARIZONA COMMUNITY ACTION ASSOCIATION TO RECEIVE FUNDING FOR FY 2018-19 UTILITY ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS. Presented by: Stephanie Small, Community Services Director
11. RESOLUTION NO. R18-131 A RESOLUTION OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF GLENDALE, MARICOPA COUNTY, ARIZONA, APPROVING THE ISSUANCE BY THE INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY OF THE CITY OF GLENDALE, ARIZONA OF ITS REVENUE BONDS (THE BEATITUDES CAMPUS PROJECT), SERIES 2018, IN ONE OR MORE SERIES AND IN AN AGGREGATE PRINCIPAL AMOUNT NOT TO EXCEED $25,000,000. Presented by: Jessi Pederson, Assistant Director, Economic Development
Upon a public majority vote of a quorum of the City Council, the Council may hold an executive session, which will not be open to the public, regarding any item listed on the agenda but only for the following purposes: (i) discussion or consideration of personnel matters (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(1)); (ii) discussion or consideration of records exempt by law from public inspection (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(2)); (iii) discussion or consultation for legal advice with the city’s attorneys (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(3)); (iv) discussion or consultation with the city’s attorneys regarding the city’s position regarding contracts that are the subject of negotiations, in pending or contemplated litigation, or in settlement discussions conducted in order to avoid or resolve litigation (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(4)); (v) discussion or consultation with designated representatives of the city in order to consider its position and instruct its representatives regarding negotiations with employee organizations (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(5)); or (vi) discussing or consulting with designated representatives of the city in order to consider its position and instruct its representatives regarding negotiations for the purchase, sale or lease of real property (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(7)). SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS For special accommodations please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 623-930-2252 extension 1 at least 3 business days prior to the meeting. POSTING VERIFICATION This agenda was posted on 9/5/18 at 3:30p.m. by CV. *This amended agenda was posted on 9/10/18 at 3:00p.m. by MM.