City of Glendale City Council Voting Meeting Agenda Amended on 11/5/21* Amended on 11/8/21** Mayor Jerry Weiers Vice Mayor Ian Hugh Councilmember Jamie Aldama Councilmember Joyce Clark Councilmember Ray Malnar Councilmember Lauren Tolmachoff Councilmember Bart Turner 5850 West Glendale Avenue Glendale, AZ 85301 Tuesday, November 9, 2021 5:30 PM Council Chambers Voting Meeting One or more members of the City Council may be unable to attend the Council Meeting in person and may participate telephonically, pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431(4).
PRAYER/INVOCATION Any prayer/invocation that may be offered before the start of regular Council business shall be the voluntary offering of a private citizen, for the benefit of the Council and the citizens present. The views or beliefs expressed by the prayer/invocation speaker have not been previously reviewed or approved by the Council, and the Council does not endorse the religious beliefs or views of this, or any other speaker. A list of volunteers is maintained by the Mayor’s Office and interested persons should contact the Mayor’s Office for further information.
3. RECOMMEND APPROVAL OF LIQUOR LICENSE NO. 600000021-L10, MR. LUCKY'S DRIVE THRU, 5043 W OLIVE AVE Presented by: Lisette Camacho, Director, Budget and Finance
4. RECOMMEND APPROVAL OF LIQUOR LICENSE NO. 600000003-L07, PIZZA HUT #26974, 5825 W BELL ROAD Presented by: Lisette Camacho, Director, Budget and Finance
5. AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO AMENDMENT NO. 1 TO THE PROFESSIONAL SERVICES AGREEMENT WITH WESTERN TOWING OF PHOENIX, INC. Presented by: Rick St. John, Deputy City Manager
6. AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO A LINKING AGREEMENT WITH DIVERSIFIED ROOFING, LLC. FOR ROOF REPAIRS AND RELATED SERVICES Presented by: Michelle Woytenko, Director, Field Operations
7. AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO AMENDMENT NO. 1 TO THE LINKING AGREEMENT (C20-0286) WITH CHEMICAL FEEDING TECHNOLOGIES, INC., WHICH INCREASES THE SCOPE OF WORK ON THE AGREEMENT TO INCLUDE REPAIRS AND MAINTENANCE OF THE CHLORINE SYSTEMS AT CITY POOLS AND SPLASH PADS Presented by: Jim Burke, Director, Public Facilities, Recreation & Special Events
8. AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO A LINKING AGREEMENT WITH GHASTER PAINTING & COATINGS, INC. FOR EXTERIOR/INTERIOR PAINTING AND OTHER COATING APPLICATIONS Presented by: Michelle Woytenko, Director, Field Operations
9. AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO A CONSTRUCTION MANAGER AT RISK AGREEMENT WITH RUMMEL CONSTRUCTION, INC, FOR THE GLENDALE LANDFILL NORTH CELL LINER - PHASE I PROJECT Presented by: Tom Kaczmarowski, P.E., Principal Engineer
10. AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO AMENDMENT NO. 3 OF THE PROFESSIONAL SERVICES AGREEMENT WITH BLACK & VEATCH CORPORATION FOR ASSESSMENT ADMINISTRATION AND PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERING SERVICES FOR THE PYRAMID PEAK WATER TREATMENT PLANT IMPROVEMENTS AND EXPANSION PROJECTS Presented by: Craig Johnson, P.E., Director, Water Services
11. AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO A CONSTRUCTION MANAGER AT RISK AGREEMENT WITH MCCARTHY BUILDING COMPANIES, INC. FOR THE PYRAMID PEAK WATER TREATMENT PLANT IMPROVEMENTS PROJECT (GMP 3) Presented by: Craig Johnson, P.E., Director, Water Services
12. AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO AN AGREEMENT WITH G.E. DIGITAL, LLC FOR SUPERVISORY CONTROL AND DATA ACQUISITION (SCADA) LICENSES AND SUPPORT SERVICES Presented by: Craig Johnson, P.E., Director, Water Services
13. RESOLUTION NO. R21-111 A RESOLUTION OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF GLENDALE, MARICOPA COUNTY, ARIZONA, AUTHORIZING THE ACCEPTANCE AND EXPENDITURE OF AN AWARD UNDER THE FISCAL YEAR 2021 PATRICK LEAHY BULLETPROOF VEST PARTNERSHIP SOLICITATION THROUGH THE UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE, OFFICE OF JUSTICE PROGRAMS, BUREAU OF JUSTICE ASSISTANCE IN THE APPROXIMATE AMOUNT OF $4,130.39 ON BEHALF OF THE GLENDALE POLICE DEPARTMENT. Presented by: Chris Briggs, Police Chief
14. RESOLUTION NO. R21-112 A RESOLUTION OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF GLENDALE, MARICOPA COUNTY, ARIZONA, AUTHORIZING AND DIRECTING THE ENTERING INTO OF AN INTERGOVERNMENTAL AGREEMENT WITH MARICOPA COUNTY FOR ANNEXATION AND DEANNEXATION EAST BY EL MIRAGE ROAD, WEST BY PERRYVILLE ROAD, SOUTH BY CAMELBACK ROAD AND NORTH BY PEORIA AVENUE. Presented by: Dan Cleavenger, Interim Transportation Director
Upon a public majority vote of a quorum of the City Council, the Council may hold an executive session, which will not be open to the public, regarding any item listed on the agenda but only for the following purposes: (i) discussion or consideration of personnel matters (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(1)); (ii) discussion or consideration of records exempt by law from public inspection (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(2)); (iii) discussion or consultation for legal advice with the city’s attorneys (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(3)); (iv) discussion or consultation with the city’s attorneys regarding the city’s position regarding contracts that are the subject of negotiations, in pending or contemplated litigation, or in settlement discussions conducted in order to avoid or resolve litigation (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(4)); (v) discussion or consultation with designated representatives of the city in order to consider its position and instruct its representatives regarding negotiations with employee organizations (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(5)); or (vi) discussing or consulting with designated representatives of the city in order to consider its position and instruct its representatives regarding negotiations for the purchase, sale or lease of real property (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(7)). SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS For special accommodations please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 623-930-2252 extension 1 at least 3 business days prior to the meeting. POSTING VERIFICATION This agenda was posted on 11/3/21 at 11:00 a.m. by CV. *This amended agenda was posted on 11/5/21 at 11:00 a.m. by CV. **This amended agenda was posted on 11/8/21 at 5:10 p.m. by CV.