City of Glendale City Council Voting Meeting Agenda Mayor Jerry Weiers Vice Mayor Jamie Aldama Councilmember Joyce Clark Councilmember Ian Hugh Councilmember Ray Malnar Councilmember Lauren Tolmachoff Councilmember Bart Turner 5850 West Glendale Avenue Glendale, AZ 85301 Tuesday, January 25, 2022 5:30 PM Council Chambers Voting Meeting One or more members of the City Council may be unable to attend the Council Meeting in person and may participate telephonically, pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431(4).
CALL TO ORDER
PRAYER/INVOCATION Any prayer/invocation that may be offered before the start of regular Council business shall be the voluntary offering of a private citizen, for the benefit of the Council and the citizens present. The views or beliefs expressed by the prayer/invocation speaker have not been previously reviewed or approved by the Council, and the Council does not endorse the religious beliefs or views of this, or any other speaker. A list of volunteers is maintained by the Mayor’s Office and interested persons should contact the Mayor’s Office for further information.
3. AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO AMENDMENT NO. 1 TO THE LINKING AGREEMENT WITH INFORMER SYSTEMS, LLC, DOING BUSINESS AS SAFECITIES, TO EXPAND THE NUMBER OF USER LICENSES FOR SCHEDULE EXPRESS SCHEDULING SOLUTION SOFTWARE Presented by: Chris Briggs, Police Chief
4. AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO CONTRACT CHANGE ORDER NO. 1 WITH COMBS CONSTRUCTION COMPANY, INC, FOR THE GLENDALE AVENUE RECONSTRUCTION FROM 99TH AVENUE TO EL MIRAGE ROAD PROJECT Presented by: David D. Beard, P.E., City Engineer
5. AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO A PROFESSIONAL SERVICES AGREEMENT WITH DICK AND FRITSCHE DESIGN GROUP FOR DESIGN, AND CONSTRUCTION ADMINISTRATION SERVICES FOR THE CITY COURT BUILDING RENOVATIONS PROJECT Presented by: Eddie Garcia, Principal Architect
6. AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO A DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION AGREEMENT WITH SALT RIVER VALLEY WATER USERS ASSOCIATION FOR CONSTRUCTION, MODIFICATION AND RELOCATION OF WELL G-15 Presented by: Craig Johnson, P.E., Director, Water Services
7. AWARD OF IFB 22-21 AND AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO AN AGREEMENT WITH TW ASSOCIATES INC. DOING BUSINESS AS MISCOWATER FOR TOTAL ORGANIC CARBON ANALYZERS Presented by: Craig Johnson, P.E., Director, Water Services
8. AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO A LINKING AGREEMENT WITH LEGEND TECHNICAL SERVICES OF ARIZONA, INC. FOR WATER, WASTEWATER AND HAZARDOUS WASTE LABORATORY SERVICES Presented by: Craig Johnson, P.E., Director, Water Services
9. AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO A LINKING AGREEMENT WITH EUROFINS EATON ANALYTICAL, LLC. FOR WATER, WASTEWATER AND HAZARDOUS WASTE LABORATORY SERVICES Presented by: Craig Johnson, P.E., Director, Water Services
10. APPROVAL OF FP21-21 STONEHAVEN PHASE 3, PARCEL 11 FINAL PLAT Presented by: Tabitha Perry, Interim Planning Manager
16. RESOLUTION NO. R22-08 A RESOLUTION OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF GLENDALE, MARICOPA COUNTY, ARIZONA, APPROVING THE ISSUANCE BY THE INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY OF THE CITY OF GLENDALE, ARIZONA OF ITS REVENUE REFUNDING BONDS, MIDWESTERN UNIVERSITY, SERIES 2022 IN AN AGGREGATE PRINCIPAL AMOUNT NOT TO EXCEED $35,000,000. Presented by: Jessi Pederson, Assistant Director, Economic Development
17. RESOLUTION NO. R22-09 A RESOLUTION OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF GLENDALE, MARICOPA COUNTY, ARIZONA, APPROVING THE GLENDALE TRANSIT TITLE VI IMPLEMENTATION PLAN. Presented by: Dan Cleavenger, Interim Director, Transportation
Upon a public majority vote of a quorum of the City Council, the Council may hold an executive session, which will not be open to the public, regarding any item listed on the agenda but only for the following purposes: (i) discussion or consideration of personnel matters (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(1)); (ii) discussion or consideration of records exempt by law from public inspection (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(2)); (iii) discussion or consultation for legal advice with the city’s attorneys (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(3)); (iv) discussion or consultation with the city’s attorneys regarding the city’s position regarding contracts that are the subject of negotiations, in pending or contemplated litigation, or in settlement discussions conducted in order to avoid or resolve litigation (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(4)); (v) discussion or consultation with designated representatives of the city in order to consider its position and instruct its representatives regarding negotiations with employee organizations (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(5)); or (vi) discussing or consulting with designated representatives of the city in order to consider its position and instruct its representatives regarding negotiations for the purchase, sale or lease of real property (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(7)). SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS For special accommodations please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 623-930-2252 extension 1 at least 3 business days prior to the meeting. POSTING VERIFICATION This agenda was posted on 1/19/22 at 10:00 a.m. by CV.