City of Glendale City Council Voting Meeting Agenda Mayor Jerry Weiers Vice Mayor Joyce Clark Councilmember Jamie Aldama Councilmember Ian Hugh Councilmember Ray Malnar Councilmember Lauren Tolmachoff Councilmember Bart Turner 5850 West Glendale Avenue Glendale, AZ 85301 Tuesday, March 14, 2023 5:30 PM Council Chambers Voting Meeting One or more members of the City Council may be unable to attend the Council Meeting in person and may participate telephonically, pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431(4).
PRAYER/INVOCATION Any prayer/invocation that may be offered before the start of regular Council business shall be the voluntary offering of a private citizen, for the benefit of the Council and the citizens present. The views or beliefs expressed by the prayer/invocation speaker have not been previously reviewed or approved by the Council, and the Council does not endorse the religious beliefs or views of this, or any other speaker. A list of volunteers is maintained by the Mayor’s Office and interested persons should contact the Mayor’s Office for further information.
3. RECOMMEND APPROVAL OF LIQUOR LICENSE NO. 600000008-L07, BACK OF THE FRIDGE, 5745 W GLENDALE AVE Presented by: Levi D. Gibson, Director, Budget and Finance
4. RECOMMEND APPROVAL OF LIQUOR LICENSE NO. 600000068-L12, INCHINS BAMBOO GARDEN, 18255 N 83RD AVE STE B113 Presented by: Levi D. Gibson, Director, Budget and Finance
5. AUTHORIZATION TO AMEND AN EXISTING LINKING AGREEMENT WITH VIASUN CORPORATION, FOR PAVEMENT PRESERVATION SERVICES Presented by: Tom Kaczmarowski, P.E., CFM, Principal Engineer
6. AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO A PROFESSIONAL SERVICES AGREEMENT WITH NINYO & MOORE GEOTECHNICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES CONSULTANTS, INC., FOR DOWNTOWN CAMPUS REINVESTMENT PROJECT Presented by: Eddie Garcia, Principal Architect
7. AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO A PROFESSIONAL SERVICES AGREEMENT WITH T.Y. LIN INTERNATIONAL, INC., TO DESIGN A HAWK CROSSWALK AT 59TH AVENUE AND EVERGREEN ROAD Presented by: David Beard, P.E. City Engineer
8. AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO A PROFESSIONAL SERVICES AGREEMENT WITH ARDURRA GROUP, INC., FOR DESIGN SERVICES TO MODIFY AND UPDATE THE CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS FOR THE RECONSTRUCTION OF 51ST AVENUE FROM OLIVE TO PEORIA AVENUES Presented by: David Beard, P.E., City Engineer
9. AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO AMENDMENT NO. THREE TO THE PROFESSIONAL SERVICES AGREEMENT WITH OLSSON, INC., FOR DESIGN SERVICES FOR THE RECONSTRUCTION OF 67TH AVENUE – GREENWAY TO BELL ROADS Presented by: David Beard, P.E., City Engineer
10. AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO A LINKING AGREEMENT WITH MIDWAY CHEVROLET I, LLC, DOING BUSINESS AS MIDWAY CHEVROLET, FOR THE COOPERATIVE PURCHASE OF VEHICLES Presented By: Michelle Woytenko, Director
11. AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO AMENDMENT NO. 1 LINKING AGREEMENT WITH HENRY BROS., INC., DOING BUSINESS AS DECA SOUTHWEST, FOR ELECTRICAL MAINTENANCE, INSTALLATIONS, AND LIGHTING REPAIRS Presented by: Michelle Woytenko, Director, Field Operations
12. POSITION RECLASSIFICATIONS Presented by: Jim Brown, Director of Human Resources and Risk Management
13. AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO AMENDMENT NO. 5 TO THE CDW GOVERNMENT AGREEMENT Presented by: Feroz Merchhiya, CIO, Innovation & Technology
14. AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO MANUFACTURER MASTER WARRANTY AND SUPPORT TERMS AND CONDITIONS AGREEMENT WITH CUATTRO SECURITY, LLC FOR THE PURCHASE OF A PORTABLE X-RAY DETECTION SYSTEM WITH SOFTWARE FOR THE URBAN AREA SECURITY INITIATIVE RAPID RESPONSE TEAM SUSTAINMENT Presented by: Chris Briggs, Police Chief
17. RESOLUTION NO. R23-17 A RESOLUTION OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF GLENDALE, MARICOPA COUNTY, ARIZONA, ADJUSTING LANDFILL RATE FEES PURSUANT TO GLENDALE CITY CODE; AND SETTING FORTH EFFECTIVE DATES. Presented By: Michelle Woytenko, Director, Field Operations
Upon a public majority vote of a quorum of the City Council, the Council may hold an executive session, which will not be open to the public, regarding any item listed on the agenda but only for the following purposes: (i) discussion or consideration of personnel matters (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(1)); (ii) discussion or consideration of records exempt by law from public inspection (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(2)); (iii) discussion or consultation for legal advice with the city’s attorneys (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(3)); (iv) discussion or consultation with the city’s attorneys regarding the city’s position regarding contracts that are the subject of negotiations, in pending or contemplated litigation, or in settlement discussions conducted in order to avoid or resolve litigation (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(4)); (v) discussion or consultation with designated representatives of the city in order to consider its position and instruct its representatives regarding negotiations with employee organizations (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(5)); or (vi) discussing or consulting with designated representatives of the city in order to consider its position and instruct its representatives regarding negotiations for the purchase, sale or lease of real property (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(7)). SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS For special accommodations please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 623-930-2252 extension 1 at least 3 business days prior to the meeting. POSTING VERIFICATION This agenda was posted on 3/8/2023 at 3:30 p.m. by MM.