City of Glendale Amended on 8/23/19* Voting Meeting Agenda City Council Mayor Jerry Weiers Vice Mayor Joyce Clark Councilmember Jamie Aldama Councilmember Lauren Tolmachoff Councilmember Ray Malnar Councilmember Ian Hugh Councilmember Bart Turner 5850 West Glendale Avenue Glendale, AZ 85301 Tuesday, August 27, 2019 5:30 PM Council Chambers Voting Meeting One or more members of the City Council may be unable to attend the Council Meeting in person and may participate telephonically, pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431(4).
PRAYER/INVOCATION Any prayer/invocation that may be offered before the start of regular Council business shall be the voluntary offering of a private citizen, for the benefit of the Council and the citizens present. The views or beliefs expressed by the prayer/invocation speaker have not been previously reviewed or approved by the Council, and the Council does not endorse the religious beliefs or views of this, or any other speaker. A list of volunteers is maintained by the Mayor’s Office and interested persons should contact the Mayor’s Office for further information.
3. RECOMMEND APPROVAL OF LIQUOR LICENSE NO. 5-25777, HEROES Presented by: Lisette Camacho, Interim Director, Budget and Finance
4. POSITION RECLASSIFICATIONS AND POSITION TRANSFERS Presented by: Jim Brown, Director, Human Resources and Risk Management
5. AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO AN AMENDMENT NO. 1 WITH HYAS GROUP, LLC FOR ADDITIONAL SERVICES RELATED TO DEFERRED COMPENSATION PLAN CONSULTING Presented by: Jim Brown, Director, Human Resources and Risk Management
6. AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO AN AMENDMENT WITH EMPOWER RETIREMENT TO EXTEND THE TERM OF THE CONTRACT TO PROVIDE DEFERRED COMPENSATION RECORDKEEPING SERVICES Presented by: Jim Brown, Director, Human Resources and Risk Management
7. AUTHORIZATION TO AMEND THE CURRENT LINKING AGREEMENT WITH KRONOS INCORPORATED AND AUTHORIZE EXPENDITURE OF FUNDS FOR TELESTAFF, A FIRE STAFF AND SCHEDULING SOFTWARE Presented by: Terry Garrison, Fire Chief
8. AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO AMENDMENT NO. 1 TO THE LINKING AGREEMENT WITH OTTO ENVIRONMENTAL SYSTEMS (AZ), LLC FOR RESIDENTIAL REFUSE AND RECYCLING CONTAINERS Presented by: Michelle Woytenko, Director, Field Operations
9. AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO A PROFESSIONAL SERVICES AGREEMENT WITH TETRA TECH BAS FOR METHANE GAS SYSTEM OPERATIONS, MAINTENANCE AND MONITORING AT THE GLENDALE MUNICIPAL LANDFILL Presented by: Michelle Woytenko, Director, Field Operations
10. AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO TWELVE (12) AGREEMENTS FOR THE FISCAL YEAR 2019-2020 PERFORMING ARTS PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM PROJECT GRANTS Presented by: Mojgan Vahabzadeh, Arts & Culture Program Manager, Economic Development
11. RESOLUTION NO. R19-95 A RESOLUTION OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF GLENDALE, MARICOPA COUNTY, ARIZONA, AUTHORIZING AND DIRECTING THE ENTERING INTO OF AMENDMENT NO. 1 TO THE INTERGOVERNMENTAL AGREEMENT FOR FIRE AND MEDICAL SERVICES RESPONSE TO THE DESERT DIAMOND CASINO WITH THE CITY OF PEORIA AND THE SUN CITY FIRE DISTRICT ON BEHALF OF THE GLENDALE FIRE DEPARTMENT. Presented by: Terry Garrison, Fire Chief
12. RESOLUTION NO. R19-102 A RESOLUTION OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF GLENDALE, MARICOPA COUNTY, ARIZONA, AUTHORIZING AND DIRECTING THE ENTERING INTO OF A MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING BETWEEN THE FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION LABORATORY AND THE GLENDALE POLICE DEPARTMENT FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE COMBINED DNA INDEX SYSTEM RAPID DNA BOOKING STATION PILOT. Presented by: Chris Briggs, Interim Police Chief
13. RESOLUTION NO. R19-103 A RESOLUTION OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF GLENDALE, MARICOPA COUNTY, ARIZONA, AUTHORIZING AND DIRECTING THE ENTERING INTO OF AN AMENDMENT TO THE INTERGOVERNMENTAL AGREEMENT WITH THE ARIZONA BOARD OF REGENTS FOR AND ON BEHALF OF ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY (ASU) FOR THE ASU PROJECT CITIES PROGRAM. Presented by: Michelle Woytenko, Director, Field Operations
Upon a public majority vote of a quorum of the City Council, the Council may hold an executive session, which will not be open to the public, regarding any item listed on the agenda but only for the following purposes: (i) discussion or consideration of personnel matters (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(1)); (ii) discussion or consideration of records exempt by law from public inspection (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(2)); (iii) discussion or consultation for legal advice with the city’s attorneys (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(3)); (iv) discussion or consultation with the city’s attorneys regarding the city’s position regarding contracts that are the subject of negotiations, in pending or contemplated litigation, or in settlement discussions conducted in order to avoid or resolve litigation (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(4)); (v) discussion or consultation with designated representatives of the city in order to consider its position and instruct its representatives regarding negotiations with employee organizations (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(5)); or (vi) discussing or consulting with designated representatives of the city in order to consider its position and instruct its representatives regarding negotiations for the purchase, sale or lease of real property (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(7)). SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS For special accommodations please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 623-930-2252 extension 1 at least 3 business days prior to the meeting. POSTING VERIFICATION This agenda was posted on 8/21/19 at 3:35 p.m. by MM. *This amended agenda was posted on 8/23/19 at 3:30 p.m. by CV.