City of Glendale City Council Voting Meeting Agenda Mayor Jerry Weiers Vice Mayor Ray Malnar Councilmember Jamie Aldama Councilmember Joyce Clark Councilmember Ian Hugh Councilmember Lauren Tolmachoff Councilmember Bart Turner 5850 West Glendale Avenue Glendale, AZ 85301 Tuesday, February 11, 2020 5:30 PM Council Chambers Voting Meeting One or more members of the City Council may be unable to attend the Council Meeting in person and may participate telephonically, pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431(4).
PRAYER/INVOCATION Any prayer/invocation that may be offered before the start of regular Council business shall be the voluntary offering of a private citizen, for the benefit of the Council and the citizens present. The views or beliefs expressed by the prayer/invocation speaker have not been previously reviewed or approved by the Council, and the Council does not endorse the religious beliefs or views of this, or any other speaker. A list of volunteers is maintained by the Mayor’s Office and interested persons should contact the Mayor’s Office for further information.
2. RECOMMEND APPROVAL OF LIQUOR LICENSE NO. 5-06947, FAMILY DOLLAR STORE #30071 Presented by: Lisette Camacho, Director, Budget and Finance
3. AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO A LINKING AGREEMENT WITH TYR TACTICAL, LLC AND EXPENDITURE AUTHORIZATION FOR THE PURCHASE OF BALLISTIC PLATE CARRIER ENSEMBLES FOR THE GLENDALE POLICE DEPARTMENT RAPID RESPONSE TEAM UTILIZING A STATE OF ARIZONA COOPERATIVE PURCHASING CONTRACT Presented by: Chris Briggs, Police Chief
4. AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO AMENDMENT #3 TO THE INDEPENDENT CONTRACT AGREEMENT WITH ARIZONA COMMUNITY ACTION ASSOCIATION DBA WILDFIRE TO INCREASE FY2019-20 APS BILL ASSISTANCE FUNDING Presented by: Ismael Cantu, Community Action Program Administrator
5. AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO A LINKING AGREEMENT WITH CELLCO PARTNERSHIP DOING BUSINESS AS VERIZON WIRELESS FOR CELLULAR SERVICES AND RATIFICATION OF EXPENDITURES Presented by: Lisette Camacho, Director, Budget and Finance
6. AUTHORIZATION FOR A BUDGET APPROPRIATION CONTINGENCY AND CASH TRANSFER Presented by: Michelle Woytenko, Director, Field Operations
7. RESOLUTION NO. R20-12 A RESOLUTION OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF GLENDALE, MARICOPA COUNTY, ARIZONA, AUTHORIZING AND DIRECTING THE ENTERING INTO OF AN INTERGOVERNMENTAL AGREEMENT WITH NAVAJO COUNTY FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT, SECURITY, AND TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT SERVICES FOR EVENTS AT STATE FARM STADIUM ON BEHALF OF THE GLENDALE POLICE DEPARTMENT. Presented by: Chris Briggs, Police Chief
8. RESOLUTION NO. R20-13 A RESOLUTION OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF GLENDALE, MARICOPA COUNTY, ARIZONA, AUTHORIZING AND DIRECTING THE ENTERING INTO OF AMENDMENT NO. 14 TO THE INTERGOVERNMENTAL AGREEMENT WITH THE ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMIC SECURITY FOR COMMUNITY ACTION PROGRAM FUNDING. Presented by: Stephanie Small, Director, Community Services
9. RESOLUTION NO. R20-14 A RESOLUTION OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF GLENDALE, MARICOPA COUNTY, ARIZONA, AUTHORIZING THE ACCEPTANCE OF THE LIBRARY SERVICES AND TECHNOLOGY ACT SUBGRANT IN THE APPROXIMATE AMOUNT OF $4,800 (STATE PROJECT NO. 2019-0271-03) FROM THE ARIZONA STATE LIBRARY, ARCHIVES AND PUBLIC RECORDS AGENCY FOR THE “WRITERS IN RESIDENCE IN LIBRARIES” PROGRAM. Presented by: Stephanie Small, Director, Community Services
10. RESOLUTION NO. R20-15 A RESOLUTION OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF GLENDALE, MARICOPA COUNTY, ARIZONA, EXTENDING THE TEMPORARY CITY CODE REVIEW COUNCIL COMMITTEE. Presented by: Vice Mayor Ray Malnar, City Code Review Committee Chairman
Upon a public majority vote of a quorum of the City Council, the Council may hold an executive session, which will not be open to the public, regarding any item listed on the agenda but only for the following purposes: (i) discussion or consideration of personnel matters (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(1)); (ii) discussion or consideration of records exempt by law from public inspection (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(2)); (iii) discussion or consultation for legal advice with the city’s attorneys (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(3)); (iv) discussion or consultation with the city’s attorneys regarding the city’s position regarding contracts that are the subject of negotiations, in pending or contemplated litigation, or in settlement discussions conducted in order to avoid or resolve litigation (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(4)); (v) discussion or consultation with designated representatives of the city in order to consider its position and instruct its representatives regarding negotiations with employee organizations (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(5)); or (vi) discussing or consulting with designated representatives of the city in order to consider its position and instruct its representatives regarding negotiations for the purchase, sale or lease of real property (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(7)). SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS For special accommodations please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 623-930-2252 extension 1 at least 3 business days prior to the meeting. POSTING VERIFICATION This agenda was posted on 2/5/20 at 2:00 p.m. by CV.