AGENDA PLANNING COMMISSION COUNCIL CHAMBERS 5850 W. GLENDALE AVE. GLENDALE, ARIZONA 85301 MAY 7, 2020 6:00 P.M. Changes for City of Glendale May 7 Planning Commission Meeting The Glendale Planning Commission meetings will be closed to the public during meetings until further notice. This action follows guidelines from the federal government stating that no more than 10 people should be gathered in a room at the same time. New procedure for public participation: Email Comments To submit comments on a voting meeting agenda item, or to comment in the Call to the Public for non-agenda items, please email Planningcomments@glendaleaz.com . The deadline for submitting comments is Thursday, May 7, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. Please note, that only emails received by that time will be considered and included in the record. Staff will read the first five minutes of your written comments for agenda items, and the first three minutes of your written comments for Call to the Public, non-agenda items. Your entire email will be included into the record. Recorded Comments Resident can submit recorded comments on a voting meeting agenda item, or to comment in the Call to the Public for non-agenda items, by calling 623-930-2686 and leaving a voicemail recording of your comments. The deadline for submitting comments is Thursday, May 7, at 5:00 p.m. Please note, that only voicemails received by that time will be considered and included in the record. Staff will play the first five minutes of your comments for agenda items, and the first three minutes of your comments for Call to the Public, non-agenda items. To Watch or Listen Live: Facebook Live on Glendale’s Facebook page: www.facebook.com/GlendaleAZ Glendale's YouTube Page: YouTube Residents can call and listen to the meeting by following these steps: Dial 602-666-0783 Enter the Meeting ID 626560611 Attendee ID: Just push # (pound)
3. CITIZEN COMMENTS If citizens wish to speak on a matter concerning the Glendale Planning Commission that is not on the printed agenda, please complete a Citizen Comments Card and provide it to the designated staff person prior to the beginning of the meeting. Once your name is called by the Chairperson, please proceed to the podium and state your name and address for the record. Please limit your comments to a period of three minutes or less.
1. NORTHERN CROSSING PAD REZONING APPLICATION ZON20-01: A request by Bill Cantieri on behalf of Piazza Restaurant Development, representing owner Westar Development LLC; for a zone change request from RU-43 (Rural/Residential) to PAD (Planned Area Development) in order to enable the development of a commercial and lodging facility on approximately 3.55 acres. The site is located along the south side of Northern Avenue, just east of the Loop 101; and is in the Yucca District (pending annexation). Staff Contact: George Gehlert, Senior Planning Project Manager (623) 930-2597. CONTINUE TO THE JUNE 4, 2020 PLANNING COMMISSION PUBLIC HEARING
2. NEW RIVER ROAD TRUCK PARKING REZONING APPLICATION ZON20-10: A request by Michael Bushbacher, Hunter Engineering, Inc., representing Parminder Singh and Alex Reich, to rezone approximately 9.49 acres from A-1 (Agricultural) to M-1 (Light Industrial). The proposed rezoning will allow for truck parking and light industrial land uses. The site is located at the 7405 North New River Road, Glendale, Arizona and is in the Yucca District. Staff Contact: Edward Vigil, Planner, firstname.lastname@example.org CONTINUE TO THE JUNE 4, 2020 PLANNING COMMISSION PUBLIC HEARING
3. G83 PLAZA REZONING APPLICATION ZON19-05: A request by Jon Froke on behalf of Jon M. Froke Urban Planning, LLC, representing Rightstart Subsidiary, LLC, to rezone eight acres from NSC (Neighborhood Shopping Center) to PAD (Planned Area Development). The site is located at the southeast corner of Glendale Avenue and 83rd Avenue (8283 West Glendale Avenue) and is in the Yucca District. Staff Contact: George Gehlert, Senior Planning Project Manager (623) 930-2597. CONTINUED TO THE JUNE 4, 2020 PLANNING COMMISSION PUBLIC HEARING
4. COTTON PROPERTIES REZONING APPLICATION ZON17-15: A request by Mahdi Sadek, Epsilon Engineering, representing property owner Cotton Bethany LLC / 303 Cotton LLC, for the rezoning of approximately 161 acres from A-1 (Agricultural) to PAD (Planned Area Development) to allow land uses such as retail commercial, support commercial/offices, and industrial as the most viable use. The site is located on the west side of the Loop 303 Freeway, between Glendale Avenue and Bethany Home Road in the Yucca District. Staff Contact: Lisa Collins, Interim Development Services Department Director (623) 930-2800. CONTINUED TO THE JUNE 4, 2020 PLANNING COMMISSION PUBLIC HEARING
a. This report allows the Staff of the Planning Division to update the Commission and the public. The Commission is prohibited from discussing or acting on any of the items presented by the Staff since they are not itemized on the Planning Commission Agenda.
SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS For special accommodations, please contact Diana Figueroa at (623) 930-2808 or email@example.com at least three (3) business days prior to the meeting. Hearing impaired persons may use the Arizona Relay Service by dialing 711. Pursuant to A.R.S. 38-431(4), one or more members of the Planning Commission may be unable to attend the meeting in person and may participate telephonically. In accordance with Title 38 of the Arizona Revised Statutes (A.R.S.), upon a public majority vote of a quorum of the Planning Commission, the Commission may hold an executive session, which will not be open to the public, regarding any item listed on the agenda but only for the following purposes: (i) discussion or consideration of records exempt by law from public inspection (A.R.S. 38-431.03(A)(2)) (ii) discussion or consultation for legal advice with the city's attorneys (A.R.S. 38-431.03(A)(3)) (iii) discussion or consultation with the city's attorneys regarding the city's position regarding contracts that are the subject of negotiations, in pending or contemplated litigation, or in settlement discussions conducted in order to avoid or resolved litigation (A.R.S. 38-431.03(A)(4)) Confidentiality requirements pursuant to A.R.S. 38-431.03(C)(D): Any person receiving executive session information pursuant to A.R.S. 38-431.02 shall not disclose that information except to the Attorney General or County Attorney by agreement of the Planning Commission, or as otherwise ordered by a court of competent jurisdiction.