City of Glendale City Council Voting Meeting Agenda Amended on 8/20/20* Mayor Jerry Weiers Vice Mayor Ray Malnar Councilmember Jamie Aldama Councilmember Joyce Clark Councilmember Ian Hugh Councilmember Lauren Tolmachoff Councilmember Bart Turner 5850 West Glendale Avenue Glendale, AZ 85301 Tuesday, August 25, 2020 5:30 PM Civic Center 5750 W Glenn Dr. Glendale, AZ 85301 Voting Meeting One or more members of the City Council may be unable to attend the Council Meeting in person and may participate telephonically, pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431(4).
PRAYER/INVOCATION Any prayer/invocation that may be offered before the start of regular Council business shall be the voluntary offering of a private citizen, for the benefit of the Council and the citizens present. The views or beliefs expressed by the prayer/invocation speaker have not been previously reviewed or approved by the Council, and the Council does not endorse the religious beliefs or views of this, or any other speaker. A list of volunteers is maintained by the Mayor’s Office and interested persons should contact the Mayor’s Office for further information.
4. RECOMMEND APPROVAL OF LIQUOR LICENSE NO. 6-00005, JIMBO'S BAR & GRILL - 12224 N 51ST AVE Presented by: Lisette Camacho, Director, Budget and Finance
5. POSITION RECLASSIFICATIONS (Updated 8/20/20) Presented by: Jim Brown, Director, Human Resources and Risk Management
6. AUTHORIZATION TO RATIFY AN AGREEMENT WITH SUNLIFE ASSURANCE COMPANY OF CANADA FOR THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE SHORT-TERM AND LONG-TERM DISABILITY RUN-OUT CLAIMS Presented by: Jim Brown, Human Resources and Risk Management Director
7. AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO AMENDMENT NO. 1 TO THE LINKING AGREEMENT WITH PANASONIC SYSTEM SOLUTIONS COMPANY OF NORTH AMERICA AND APPROVE AN INCREASE IN THE EXPENDITURE OF FUNDS FOR THE REMAINING PHASES OF THE TABLET REPLACEMENT PURCHASE FOR THE POLICE DEPARTMENT Presented by: Chris Briggs, Police Chief
9. AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO A LINKING AGREEMENT WITH COX ARIZONA TELECOM, LLC Presented by: Arlene Chemello, Deputy Chief Information Officer
10. RESOLUTION NO. R20-105 A RESOLUTION OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF GLENDALE, MARICOPA COUNTY, ARIZONA, AUTHORIZING THE ACCEPTANCE AND EXPENDITURE OF THE LAW ENFORCEMENT EQUIPMENT FUNDING PROGRAM GRANT, IN THE APPROXIMATE AMOUNT OF $40,000, FROM THE OFFICE OF THE ARIZONA ATTORNEY GENERAL FOR THE PURPOSES OF PURCHASING LAW ENFORCEMENT SAFETY EQUIPMENT FOR THE GLENDALE POLICE DEPARTMENT. Presented by: Chris Briggs, Police Chief
11. RESOLUTION NO. R20-106 A RESOLUTION OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF GLENDALE, MARICOPA COUNTY, ARIZONA, AUTHORIZING AND DIRECTING THE ENTERING INTO OF AN EQUITABLE SHARING AGREEMENT WITH THE UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE FOR CONTINUED PARTICIPATION IN THE FEDERAL EQUITABLE SHARING PROGRAM ON BEHALF OF THE GLENDALE POLICE DEPARTMENT. Presented by: Chris Briggs, Police Chief
12. RESOLUTION NO. R20-107 A RESOLUTION OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF GLENDALE, MARICOPA COUNTY, ARIZONA, AUTHORIZING THE ACCEPTANCE AND EXPENDITURE OF THE PUBLIC-PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP EXCELLENCE GRANT, IN THE APPROXIMATE AMOUNT OF $4,000, FROM THE AMERICAN SOCIETY FOR INDUSTRIAL SECURITY (ASIS) FOUNDATION FOR GLENDALE POLICE DEPARTMENT REAL-TIME CRIME CENTER CAMERA EQUIPMENT. Presented by: Chris Briggs, Police Chief
13. RESOLUTION NO. R20-108 A RESOLUTION OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF GLENDALE, MARICOPA COUNTY, ARIZONA, AUTHORIZING THE ENTERING INTO OF AN AGREEMENT WITH THE STATE OF ARIZONA, OFFICE OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL, AND ACCEPTANCE OF THE FISCAL YEAR 2020-2021 VICTIMS’ RIGHTS PROGRAM AWARD (A.G. #2021-031) IN THE APPROXIMATE AMOUNT OF $7,010 ON BEHALF OF THE GLENDALE CITY PROSECUTOR’S OFFICE. Presented by: Michael D. Bailey, City Attorney
14. *RESOLUTION NO. R20-109 A RESOLUTION OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF GLENDALE, MARICOPA COUNTY, ARIZONA, AUTHORIZING AND DIRECTING THE ENTERING INTO OF AN INTERGOVERNMENTAL AGREEMENT WITH MARICOPA COUNTY AND THE CITY OF SURPRISE FOR THE CONSTRUCTION, OPERATION AND MAINTENANCE OF THE TRAFFIC SIGNAL AT PEORIA AVENUE AND REEMS ROAD. Presented by: Trevor Ebersole, Director, Transportation
CITIZEN COMMENTS If you wish to speak on a matter concerning Glendale city government that is not on the printed agenda, please fill out a Citizen Comments Card located in the back of the Council Chambers and give it to the City Clerk before the meeting starts. The City Council can only act on matters that are on the printed agenda, but may refer the matter to the City Manager for follow up. When your name is called by the Mayor, please proceed to the podium. State your name and the city in which you reside for the record. If you reside in the City of Glendale, please state the Council District you live in (if known) and begin speaking. Please limit your comments to a period of three minutes or less.
Upon a public majority vote of a quorum of the City Council, the Council may hold an executive session, which will not be open to the public, regarding any item listed on the agenda but only for the following purposes: (i) discussion or consideration of personnel matters (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(1)); (ii) discussion or consideration of records exempt by law from public inspection (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(2)); (iii) discussion or consultation for legal advice with the city’s attorneys (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(3)); (iv) discussion or consultation with the city’s attorneys regarding the city’s position regarding contracts that are the subject of negotiations, in pending or contemplated litigation, or in settlement discussions conducted in order to avoid or resolve litigation (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(4)); (v) discussion or consultation with designated representatives of the city in order to consider its position and instruct its representatives regarding negotiations with employee organizations (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(5)); or (vi) discussing or consulting with designated representatives of the city in order to consider its position and instruct its representatives regarding negotiations for the purchase, sale or lease of real property (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(7)). SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS For special accommodations please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 623-930-2252 extension 1 at least 3 business days prior to the meeting. POSTING VERIFICATION This agenda was posted on 8/19/20 at 9:00 a.m. by CV. *This amended agenda was posted on 8/20/20 at 1:45 p.m. by CV.