City of Glendale City Council Voting Meeting Agenda Amended on 9/4/20* Mayor Jerry Weiers Vice Mayor Ray Malnar Councilmember Jamie Aldama Councilmember Joyce Clark Councilmember Ian Hugh Councilmember Lauren Tolmachoff Councilmember Bart Turner 5850 West Glendale Avenue Glendale, AZ 85301 Tuesday, September 8, 2020 5:30 PM Civic Center 5750 W Glenn Dr. Glendale, AZ 85301 Voting Meeting One or more members of the City Council may be unable to attend the Council Meeting in person and may participate telephonically, pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431(4).
PRAYER/INVOCATION Any prayer/invocation that may be offered before the start of regular Council business shall be the voluntary offering of a private citizen, for the benefit of the Council and the citizens present. The views or beliefs expressed by the prayer/invocation speaker have not been previously reviewed or approved by the Council, and the Council does not endorse the religious beliefs or views of this, or any other speaker. A list of volunteers is maintained by the Mayor’s Office and interested persons should contact the Mayor’s Office for further information.
3. RECOMMEND APPROVAL OF LIQUOR LICENSE NO. 600000001-L07, PIZZA HUT #26974, 5825 W BELL ROAD Presented by: Lisette Camacho, Director, Budget and Finance
4. RECOMMEND APPROVAL OF LIQUOR LICENSE NO. 600000004-l12, CHARLEY’S SPORTS GRILL, 8110 W UNION HILLS DR, STE 3-350 Presented by: Lisette Camacho, Director, Budget and Finance
5. AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO AMENDMENT NO. 1 TO AGREEMENT WITH KONECRANES, INC., FOR PARTS AND MAINTENANCE ON OVERHEAD CRANES/HOISTS FOR LIFTING EQUIPMENT Presented by: Michelle Woytenko, Director
6. AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO AMENDMENT NO. 1 TO THE LINKING AGREEMENT WITH CAPITAL PUMP AND EQUIPMENT, LLC. FOR CHEMICAL AND WATER PUMPS SERVICES AND PARTS Presented by: Craig Johnson, P.E., Director, Water Services
7. AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO AMENDMENT NO. 1 TO THE LINKING AGREEMENT WITH LEGEND TECHNICAL SERVICES OF ARIZONA, INC. FOR LABORATORY TESTING SERVICES Presented by: Craig Johnson, P.E., Director, Water Services
8. RESOLUTION NO. R20-110 A RESOLUTION OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF GLENDALE, MARICOPA COUNTY, ARIZONA, AUTHORIZING THE ACCEPTANCE OF THE ARIZONA SUPREME COURT FY2021 COURT SECURITY IMPROVEMENT GRANT (GPT#210747CS01) FUNDING IN THE APPROXIMATE AMOUNT OF $20,000 ON BEHALF OF THE CITY COURT AND AUTHORIZING THE EXPENDITURE OF SUCH FUNDS FOR PURCHASE AND INSTALLATION OF KEVLAR PROTECTIVE BARRIERS IN THE GLENDALE COURTROOMS. Presented by: Chris Phelps, Court Administrator
9. RESOLUTION NO. R20-111 A RESOLUTION OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF GLENDALE, MARICOPA COUNTY, ARIZONA, AUTHORIZING THE ENTERING INTO OF AN AGREEMENT WITH THE STATE OF ARIZONA, OFFICE OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL, AND AUTHORIZING THE ACCEPTANCE AND EXPENDITURE OF THE FY 2021 VICTIMS’ RIGHTS PROGRAM AWARD (A.G. #2021-044) IN THE APPROXIMATE AMOUNT OF $57,500 ON BEHALF OF THE GLENDALE POLICE DEPARTMENT. Presented by: Chris Briggs, Police Chief
Upon a public majority vote of a quorum of the City Council, the Council may hold an executive session, which will not be open to the public, regarding any item listed on the agenda but only for the following purposes: (i) discussion or consideration of personnel matters (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(1)); (ii) discussion or consideration of records exempt by law from public inspection (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(2)); (iii) discussion or consultation for legal advice with the city’s attorneys (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(3)); (iv) discussion or consultation with the city’s attorneys regarding the city’s position regarding contracts that are the subject of negotiations, in pending or contemplated litigation, or in settlement discussions conducted in order to avoid or resolve litigation (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(4)); (v) discussion or consultation with designated representatives of the city in order to consider its position and instruct its representatives regarding negotiations with employee organizations (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(5)); or (vi) discussing or consulting with designated representatives of the city in order to consider its position and instruct its representatives regarding negotiations for the purchase, sale or lease of real property (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(7)). SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS For special accommodations please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 623-930-2252 extension 1 at least 3 business days prior to the meeting. POSTING VERIFICATION This agenda was posted on 09/02/20 at 2:30 p.m. by CV. *This amended agenda was posted on 09/04/20 at 4:45 p.m. by CV.